Weekly Goals – The April Fool's Edition (3/28 – 4/2)
Though I did not even come close to meeting my goals for last week, I’m not beating myself up for it. With the exception of Friday, Saturday and Sunday, I wrote every day (Friday – Sun, Bagpiper and I went on an impromptu camping weekend. I chose to do a lot of reading instead of writing) and I read a lot — even if I didn’t read what I had originally planned on reading.
I also took a lot of really awesome pictures while camping.
- Write every day – Last week found me very busy, but Mon-Thurs, I managed to squeeze in 20 minutes here and there for writing. Friday – Sun, I went camping. And while I jotted down an idea for a short story, I didn’t really write. Still, with how busy I was last week, I’m OK with how I did. I’ll just try harder this week!
- Revise Chapter Two of “Party Favors”– I didn’t touch PF at all.
- Write at least four reviews – I did this! I wrote four reviews on Thursday and have two reviews to go before I’m caught up for April reviews for Book-Addicts.
- Add 10K to “Zoraida”– I didn’t even come close to this. All in all, I think I added about 2K. Still, that’s better than no K.
- Write/Schedule April Blog Series – I wrote two entries and scheduled them. The rest are still waiting…
- “Doubleblind” by Ann Aguirre – Read and loved. Needs to be reviewed.
- “Naamah’s Curse” by Jacqueline Carey – This wasn’t originally on my TBR for last week, but I received an ARC for the last book in the series, “Naamah’s Blessing” (release date: June 29, 2011), so I had to bump this up. It was 600 pages in hardback, so I spent all of Sunday reading it.
Had I not bumped “Naamah’s Curse” up my TBR, I may have been able to read two other books in its place. I’m not sorry I switched things around though. I got an ARC from one of my all time favorite fantasy romance authors, so dammit..I needed to prepare for it!
This week is going to be another busy week at school, so I’m keeping my goals light:
I probably won’t get around to reading “Infernal Devices”, but I added it anyway. I’m also not sure if I’m going to meet all my writing goals either, but that’s what I’m shooting for. I added what day I want to work on what, so hopefully that can help me get it done a little better. I think if I’m going to make any headway in “Zoraida”, I’m going to have to write between classes on Tuesday and Thursday and in the mornings Wednesday and Friday. Evenings are reserved for studying and reading!
Here’s hoping for a productive week!
What are your writing/reading goals for this week?