Like a hamster in a wok.
It’s the holidays and I’m busy.
Surely you understand why I haven’t been very good at posting lately. Once the holidays are over, however, I’ll be back to my normal blogging self.
So here’s what’s new…
- #ToBeReMo – the goal is to read 15-20 books for this month. Currently, I’m on my fifth. I’m more focused on holiday knitting than I am reading right now. But, as soon as I finish this post, I’m going to curl up in bed and read. I’m going to start “Masques” by Patricia Briggs. My goal will be to start book six tomorrow afternoon/evening.
- Holiday Knitting – I’ve gotten some family gifts done and I’m almost done with a beanie for the Bagpiper; I could finish tonight, but I really want to start “Masques” by Patricia Briggs, so I’m going to save the decreasing for tomorrow morning. After the beanie, I’m going to work on my friend Jen’s gift. I was going to do slippers, but the yarn I have is too thin, and I don’t have the cash to buy another skein of it to make it thicker, so I’ll probably make some fingerless gloves for her, with the promise of some slippers another time. After that it’s hats for my writerly friends — I’m not worried about finishing their hats by Christmas, though. I think they’ll still love me if I give them their hats a week or two after Christmas.
- Writing – Writing? What writing? I have it in my head that I am not going to work on any revisions or new projects until the new year. First of all, I’m not good at revising so I want to get a book on revising — any suggestions? Secondly, between catching up on knitting and reading, I just don’t have the time. Granted, I could make time, but I think I need this break to refocus. I have a lot of things I want to work on writing wise, and right now I’m not sure where I want to start.
- Etcetera, etcetera – There’s going to be some changes to this blog come February/March. This blog (adorablyalice.com) is going to turn into my crafty blog. Lately, a lot of people have been asking me to knit things they can buy as well asking for various recipes I have. So, I figure, this blog originally began as my knitting blog, why not revert back to that? My “professional” blog (that is, where I will blog about writing fiction and hopefully add some journalistic writing samples) will be moved to a different domain. I haven’t purchased the domain yet, but when all this goes down early next year, I’ll post it here, Tweet it and Facebook it. My friend Suzan is a web designer and she’s going to help make both locations look fancy and fine.
- School – The fall semester is over, and I’m a little sad to see it go. The workload kept me plenty busy, but overall I really enjoyed my classes and what I learned in them. I have one final tomorrow morning (if you could call open book/open notes/open internet a final) and then on Monday I begin wintermester. I forget the class I’m taking, but it’s some sort of business writing class. I dunno. I chose it for an elective. 😛 That will take me straight into the spring semester which will break into GRADUATION!! There’s a light at the end of the tunnel, I just need to keep my eyes on it.
…you make me feel like this guy: